Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A celebration of fall at Kyotofu

This evening, I swung by Kyotofu once again for my new favorite treat: a soymilk soft serve sundae. Today's flavors were pumpkin spice and chocolate, neither of which is a favorite of mind, but for some reason I was in the mood to try them out. Behold, my masterpiece:

Soft serve with two strawberries

The pumpkin was incredibly pumpkin-y-- full of Thanksgiving spices, like eating a slice of pumpkin pie. The chocolate was rich and smooth and surprisingly delicious. For those of you who don't like the trademark nutty tang of soymilk, both these flavors exhibited no trace of soy-- the strong chocolate and pumpkin masked that taste well. Unfortunately, the woman who served my sundae put only about a tablespoon or two of the sweet fruit compote on there, so it was mostly straight-up chocolate and pumpkin... could be worse, but next time I want more fruit! Also, Kyotofu, if you're reading this, bring back the vanilla flavors (especially the vanilla almond) before the cold weather sets in!

No comments: