Sunday, November 14, 2010

Quick WCC update: I'm on my way...

At this point, you may be asking yourself, "How is Janine doing on her Wine Century Club quest?" Well thanks for asking-- that's a great question. I'm happy to report that I've been doing quite well! As of this writing, I'm 61 wines in, well ahead of the pace required to finish up 100 varietals by July 6, 2011.

Now, here's the challenge: While I've been diligent in sampling off-beat wines and not ticking off all the "easy" grapes first, the next 39 will certainly be more challenging to find, especially since I tend to order wine by the glass rather than the bottle. So, dear readers, I ask for your recommendations. If you know any places in Manhattan, either restaurants or bars, that have unusually extensive wine by the glass menus or tend to offer offbeat wine varietals-- I've found that Spanish and Greek places are especially good for that-- please email me at lifewithfoodanddrink@gmail.com and let me know! You will earn my undying appreciation as well as a toast in your honor.

Yours in wine,

Janine

No comments: