Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NYC ICY: Sweet Comfort

It's been a really, really rough week at work (I know I keep saying that, but...), and every night I've craved NYC Icy but haven't been able to get some because I've been stuck at the office. Yesterday afternoon, however, we got a brief respite, so after dinner I made a beeline to one of my favorite places in the city.

Today's flavors... not a good pic (sorry)

There were several appealing options today, including the ol' standout nutella, but I decided to take a different tack. I tried the cookies & cream, which was surprisingly dark and rich. There was a chunk of cookie in the sample I had--always a good sign. But part of the reason why I love NYC Icy so is their icies are usually so light and ethereal. So I tasted and went for the flavor that lost out to nutella last time: Italian flan.

Molto Bueno!

This flavor epitomizes the NYC Icy experience: airy, almost whipped, light and pliable. It was eggy and a touch cinnamony, a dead ringer for its namesake custard. How do they DO that? This petite $3 dessert was, sadly, by far and away the highlight of my day.

Note: the to-go freezers I noted last time were there and plugged in, but there was still no to-go ice cream in them. Rest assured I'll dutifully report when they're all stocked up...

No comments: