Thursday, January 7, 2010

Amy's Bread chocolate cake

New Year's Eve was the birthday of AV's friend PP, and as we were all celebrating the holiday together, AV and I conspired to get him a celebratory surprise birthday cake. What's a birthday without a cake, eh? Right. Since I didn't think I'd have enough time to make it all the way down to Billy's early in the day, I ordered a cake from Amy's Bread. Since I'm such a fan of their black-and-white cupcakes, I went with a chocolate cake with white buttercream, in a 6-inch two-layer size.

Birthdayyyy!!

Damn, this cake was good. Seriously good. The tiny bit of brownie-like denseness that makes their black-and-white cupcake so decadent had morphed into an honest-to-goodness underdone center, which meant the tip of every slice was like straight brownie batter. AV agreed that the cake was "fudgy and thoroughly delicious," and the buttercream was Amy's signature delicious vanilla confection. I could eat this cake every day of my life.

Ohghhghhghhghhh

Happy birthday, PP!

Amy's Bread
672 Ninth Avenue, between 46th and 47th Streets
212-977-2670

No comments: