Thursday, January 14, 2010

Conker Hill seized!

On my way to work this morning, I noticed that local bar Conker Hill had a mysterious shameful sticker on its door. Not as shameful as the bright yellow dunce caps from the DOH, it's true, but more mysterious. To the tape:

Note the sticker

"Marshal's Legal Possession... The Landlord has legal possession of these premises." Whaaa?

Though Conker Hill, on 10th between 45th and 46th, is only a few blocks from my apartment, I've never been there. Sometimes I pass it and it looks like the most fun place on earth. Sometimes I pass it and it looks like the most depressing place on earth (you know the type, lone guy at the bar, nursing a beer, back slumped and head down). But regardless, it's a neighborhood institution, and we wish it well. Conker Hill, I hope you survive your Marshal's possession (whatever that may be) intact.

No comments: