Saturday, October 4, 2008

Plywood &c.: Ninth Avenue goings-on

I spent the afternoon wandering around today, I have two neighborhood restaurant-related pieces of news to report back:

1) On 9th Avenue between 47th and 48th street, there's a lot of work going on in a recently shuttered space. It looks like a restaurant, but I can't be 100% sure. There looks like a bar/takeout area to the left, and the distinguishing feature of the space is a garage door in front that opens and closes (I saw it in the process of opening, so I know it's already operational). I'm betting...some sort of Thai restaurant. But we'll see...

Clean lines and concrete

Angry man weilding handsaw

2) On the corner of 44th and 9th, the restaurant formerly known as L'Allegria was in the process of becoming something that looked like Pasta Vino Mario. This name-changing was going on while there were people eating inside, and the menu posted outside still claimed the place was L'Allegria. I can't make heads or tails of this whole situation.

Just...weird.

No comments: