Monday, December 6, 2010

Delicious, delicious ice cream at Rancatore's

After dinner at Il Casale, the extended family and I skipped down the block to Rancatore's for some of their legendary ice cream. Ranc's is a legit ice cream shop with good ol' super-premium ice cream and some hard frozen yogurt options as well.

After tasting a couple of flavors, I went with a small cup of half Hydrox hard yogurt, half almonds & chips hard yogurt. This is some good stuff; it's creamy rather than icy, and it satisfies in the way some frozen yogurts don't. The almonds & chips was chock full of almonds, but the occasional chocolate chips were huge chunks, almost an inch long and pretty darn thick. The Hydrox tasted like your standard cookies & cream. Mmm.

Yep

If I had a Ranc's nearby, I'd be a regular patron. As it is, it's a nice treat when I'm in the Eastern Mass area.

Rancatore's
36 Leonard Street, Belmont, MA
617-489-5090

No comments: