Monday, February 21, 2011

RIP, camera

The other day, I dropped my trusty camera on the sidewalk while attempting to take a picture. Perhaps not surprisingly, it broke. The screen shattered, the zoom is stuck in the "out" position, and basically, that's the end of the line.

So I take this opportunity to acknowledge the years of faithful service that camera provided. It's a simple Canon point-and-shoot, yes, but it took every single picture you've seen in this blog so far (except for these), and many more besides. I tallied up the years and I think it put in nearly 7 years of work for me, which in digital-camera years is like a century. The upcoming review of the Modern Bar Room will be its last masterpiece before it is laid permanently to rest and replaced by its newer and yet somehow not as nostalgic cousin.

Thank you, camera, you will be missed!

No comments: