Monday, August 29, 2011

Yogorino: It's no Capogiro

The other day, post-Tria, MS was raving about Yogorino, and it got me thinking. Given prior raves I'd heard about the Italian frozen yogurt shop, I figured it was high time for me to check it out, so check it out I did.

It's a simple affair: one flavor of plain frozen yogurt, plus toppings. It's not cheap, and you don't get a lot in their deceptively shallow cups. I went pretty basic on my first go-round, with a small cup of frozen yogurt plus hazelnut sauce.

It's pretty, at least

The verdict? Meh. The yogurt was kind of tart, and the slightly sour plain flavor really didn't go that well with the hazelnut sauce. The creamy texture of the frozen yogurt was nice, but frankly, all it made me want to do was toss the whole thing and go get gelato at Capogiro, just a few blocks away. Ah well. I'm glad I tried it so now I know-- and next time, you'll find me with gelato in my cup.

Yogorino
233 S. 20th Street, at Locust
267-639-5287

No comments: