Friday, January 21, 2011

Another ode to the Hello Dolly

Recently, I had the first Hello Dolly of my second stint with Billy's Bakery. Last time, I loved them so, but in my first few weeks at the bakery this time around there was a lot of cupcake and brownie tasting, so I hadn't gotten around to bringing one of these fabulous babes home yet... but then I did. And I remembered.

Why hello, Dolly.

Sure, she may be homely. But darn it, this Dolly is delicious. Graham cracker, pecans, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut are all enrobed in a crackly, sticky-sweet layer of condensed milk. It's incredibly sweet and incredibly satisfying-- texturally interesting with a range of flavors, filling but not cloying. I could eat one of these every day, and the only thing standing between me and doing just that is willpower. And the prospect of buying a whole new wardrobe, several sizes bigger.

Billy's Bakery
184 Ninth Avenue and 75 Franklin Street
212-647-9956

No comments: