Monday, January 10, 2011

Shake Shack's Gianduja custard is as delectable as expected

So, yes, it's cold out, but has that ever stopped me from eating ice cream? No ma'am. So last Tuesday, off I went to the local Shake Shack to try one of the several enticing flavors on the January custard calendar, one of my personal favorites, Gianduja.

First off, there was no line (YESSSS). Second, the cashier was classic Danny Meyer: smiley, friendly, helpful, eager to please (YESSSS). Third, she gave me a sample of the Gianduja that was entirely swoonworthy. And so, minutes later, I had a small cup of half-Gianduja, half-vanilla.

Sample. Yum.

It was the perfect combo. The plain vanilla flavor contrasted perfectly with the rich, hazelnutty, chocolatey Gianduja, which could certainly give Nutella a run for its money. I gobbled it down while sitting obliviously at the communal table, surrounded by people housing burgers and fries. It was pretty much perfect.

The perfect combo

Shake Shack
Locations around the city

No comments: