Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"1050" Restaurant Lounge no more

Yesterday afternoon I was walking around the neighborhood, enjoying the incredible weather and remembering what it felt like to be in sunny, warm weather. Remember what it was like to actually enjoy being outdoors? Yeah, I remember now. Spring is coming...

But back to the point of this post: I passed the Skyline Hotel, a run-down-looking edifice with an incongruously nice website, and noted that its restaurant, the "1050" Restaurant Lounge (quotation marks theirs), was padlocked. Hmmm. Sure enough, a sign in the window advertised available restaurant space.

Chained closed, though the menus are still up

And we're done here

To be sure: I have passed this restaurant many times and peeked in with a sort of morbid fascination. It struck me as the Manhattan version of a bowling alley restaurant in a semi-rural area. You with me? I was thinking of nominating it for Eater's "Who Goes There," but I guess we now have the answer to that (er, nobody). So, all in all, we'll see who comes in to claim this prime piece of 10th Avenue real estate. It's looking ripe for a Bennigan's...

No comments: