Friday, May 29, 2009

Kicking it up a notch... and a bit of food beauty

Since our week of waking up and being happy to be alive wrapped up on Tuesday, yesterday MS and I decided to take things to the next level. For one week, not only would we wake up and be happy to be alive, but we'd try to change our behavior accordingly. If we wake up grateful for our health and strength, then we'll go running. If we wake up thankful for our family, we'll tell them we love them. Note to readers: this is harder than it seems.

So far today I've been thankful for my strength and energy, so I did go to the gym and even did a bit of running on the treadmill, which I hate. I'm also extremely thankful that I can eat-- my stomach has not always allowed such things at different points in my life-- so I bought myself some strawberries to celebrate. And when I sliced them up to bring to the bakery for my afternoon snack, they were just so beautiful, I had to share them with the world. So I leave you this fine Friday with a bit of food beauty. Be thankful it's strawberry season-- they're pretty, healthy, and delicious!

No comments: