Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A brief interlude at Five Napkin Burger

I'm way behind on posts, so this brings us back a couple of weeks. The bro and I had a catch-up dinner planned, and since my stomach was being supremely uncooperative, we headed to Five Napkin Burger for the bro to grab a burg. We were seated immediately in the noisy, echoing dining room (the place needs textiles). The bro ordered a bacon cheeseburger. I ordered a cup of vanilla ice cream, which was all I could stomach. We waited and talked while our server went completely MIA for an unacceptable period of time. But finally, our meal showed.

The burger: Justly famous, huge, gooey, and accompanied by fresh greenery and good fries. Heartily brother approved.

The burg

The ice cream: Delicious and creamy. It was incredibly standard ice cream, which of course means it was delicious. I suspect it may even have been Breyer's, as you could see the little flecks of vanilla bean. It was slightly melted when it arrived, which was fine. And at only $3.50 for two scoops or so, it's a pretty economical choice.

The ice cream

That's it. Short and sweet (at least for me) and not really meriting a spatula rating, we were in and out and on our way. Such is Five Napkin Burger.

Five Napkin Burger
630 Ninth Avenue, between 44th and 45th Streets
212-757-2277

No comments: