Friday, June 25, 2010

Investigating Brickyard Gastropub

Brickyard Gastropub is a new addition to the Hell's Kitchen dining and drinking scene-- I reported on the progress of Brickyard Gastropub as it was being built, and it's been open to the public for a few weeks now. Last weekend, JR and I stopped in to check it out.

It's actually really nice inside (emphasis on the "gastro" part of gastropub, I suppose). There are tables and upscale furnishings and people eating a nice meal in the dining room in the back. But there's also a bar (with really comfortable bar stools with backs, extra extra points), a lot of flat-screens, and one of the best bar soundtracks I've had the pleasure of listening to in a while (minus one foray into Phil Collins, which a hostess hastily explained to us was by request from the heavily inebriated table in the corner). The robust beer list focuses on regional beers, so JR and I both ordered from that. A dark beer (Ommegang?) for him, a cider (Crispin) for me. And so we whiled the evening away.

Beer on beermat

Huge cider. With ice. Okay?

I liked Brickyard. It was a nice place to be; the people were friendly, it wasn't too crowded, the drinks were cold, and the AC was on. I'll be back.

Brickyard Gastropub
785 Ninth Avenue, between 52nd and 53rd Streets
212-767-0077

No comments: