Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LWF&D finally goes to Grom...again

After my foray into Bouchon Bakery's savories, I needed something sweet. And preferably cold and creamy. What to do, what to do... Well, hello, Grom! You just happened to be nearby. And though I could no longer use my "first-time visitor" excuse, I stopped in anyway to shell out $5.25 for a small cup of gelato.

And would I do it again? Absolutely. This time I went with two flavors: coconut sorbet-- incredibly creamy, with a smooth texture and a heady coconut flavor-- and crema di grom, a light cream base with big hunks of biscotti. By big hunks I mean huge pieces-- there was pretty much an entire gingersnap-sized cookie in one of my bites. This was one of the best flavors I've tasted at Grom.



Oh so dear


Alas, like everything that's a little too expensive and a little too small, it was gone too soon. But the powerful memories linger on...

Grom
1796 Broadway, between 58th Street and Columbus Circle
212-974-3444

No comments: